Welcome to work at Color Obstacle Rush!
Please read the job description below carefully and then complete the release form. We look forward to seeing you soon!
As a parking guide, you are responsible for the functionality of our parking spaces and for collecting the parking fees.
- The parking fee is (mostly) £7 per car. Remember to give a parking receipt to each car.
- Cash and card payment. The event producer of the Color Obstacle Rush team comes to collect the money every now and then.
- Don’t leave your position without permission. Your supervisor will inform you when you can make your way back to the festival site.
- There, contact your supervisor and ask if you can help somewhere else.
- Smile all the time, you will be the first person our participant meets at the event!
- Be careful and reliable: in this position, you will handle cash.
- Be precise and work efficiently, no one likes to wait in a queue.
First, the participants arrive at the pre-check-in. There, their identity cards as well as the signed T&C form are checked. Then the participants arrive at the check-in.
WHAT THE RUNNERS MUST HAVE WITH THEM WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT CHECK-IN:
- ID (it can also be a copy or picture of their ID)
- Check the participant’s name. The name in the ID must match the one in the confirmation of the signed T&C form.
- If the customer looks underaged, check their age.
- If the customer has a copy of their ID, it’s really important to ALWAYS give it back. We don’t have a safety bin. If the customer leaves a copy of their ID on the table, tear it immediately and throw it into a bin.
- If the customer doesn’t have an ID, ask your supervisor for help.
- SIGNED T&C FORM
At check-in, you will check the Terms & Conditions form.
Without a signed T&C confirmation we can’t let the customer enter our event. If the customer doesn’t have this document, they can scan the QR code which provides access to the document. The QR code is available at the table at check-in.
- CONFIRMATION OF SIGNED T&C
- Everyone must have an email confirmation of a signed T&C confirmation with them when they come to the pre-check-in.
- The name in the T&C form must match the name o the customer's ID,
- The T&C form is either a minor waiver or an adult waiver, depending on the age.
- Minors under the age of 12 are allowed to enter the event village, but not the warm-up area or the track! Minors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a guardian when moving at the event village.
- If the participant is a minor, the T&C has to be signed by the legal parent/ guardian.
- If the participant is 12-14 years old (the birthday is included in the T&C confirmation), they are allowed to enter the event village, warm-up area and the track only with a guardian.
- If the customer has printed documents with them, it’s really important to ALWAYS give them back to the customer. If the customer leaves their documents, tear them immediately and throw them into a bin.
- TICKET EMAIL / PRINT:
- The ticket includes:
a) the start group/start time
b) possible products that the customer has pre-ordered.
All products are picked up from the store except swag bags. Swagbag will be only in the first and second starting wave tickets.
- Always give customers back their ticket(s).
- If the customer does not have a ticket, contact your manager.
WHAT WE GIVE TO A CUSTOMER:
1. WRISTBAND (based on the start time)
- Wristband is the customer’s ticket and permission to enter the event village and the warm-up area.
- Give the customer the corresponding wristband to the right start time. Each start time has a certain colour.
- 12-15-year-olds will get a wristband of a specific colour, please write the guarding phone number on the wristbands.
- Ask the customer to put the wristband on by themselves. It saves a lot of time!
Please note! Any start time -option, ask the participant which start time they would like to join.
2. POSSIBLE UPGRADE OR PRE-BOUGHT MERCHANDISE
If the participant has an upgrade: hand a swag bag to the customer. (check the customer's ticket. if it reads upgrade: swag bag then the customer gets a swag bag. Swag bags upgrades are mostly in first and second starting time wave tickets)
If the participant has pre-bought any other merchandise such as colour packets or face paints, they will be seen in a separate order confirmation. There is a pick-up point for these products inside the festival village at the store.
Please note that a few customers might have pre-bought the swag bag. This swag bag can be picked you from the pre-order pickup point.
Please note! Each participant gets a colour packet at the finish line after the run. This colour packet is not mentioned in the ticket. Customers can get more colour packets only if they have pre-ordered additional colour packets or if they buy them from our store at the event village.
Every participant gets a T-shirt. Ask the customer what size they want.
🡸 SWAG BAG (an uprade offer)
- contains: Gymsack, colour packet, sunglasses, tattoo, bandana
Please note: Our products can be purchased from our store tent (inside the event village). At the check-in, we don’t handle money, so we only give the upgrade swag bags to the customers.
AFTER THE LAST WAVE OF CUSTOMERS HAS ARRIVED!
Producer will hand out a check-in inventory list. Calculate all the t-shirts and swag bags that are still left at the check-in and write them down to the inventory list! Unopened boxes have 100 t-shirts, Calculate how many t-shirts are in the open boxes. Close the box with tape and mark how many t-shirts are in the box. Give the inventory list back to your supervisor.
After the inventory is done. Clean up the check-in area of any trash!
BEFORE THE EVENT:
- As soon as you arrive at the bag drop, you will see a plastic box on the table where all numbered wristbands are located in smaller boxes. These wristbands have to be hung on the correct hooks.
- If you still have time, try to remember how the bag drop has been numbered. This makes your day much easier and you can master your task perfectly and avoid unnecessary queues during the event.
DURING THE EVENT:
As soon as the festival opens, it starts immediately. First of all, it is important to check that the queue is working. On the “BAGS IN” side, the participants should hand over their other bags and valuables and on the ”BAGS OUT” side participants should pick up their bags and valuables.
- Every visit to the bag drop is chargeable (except collection)
- The wardrobe costs £3 for a jacket and £5 for a back bag per participant. If the participant has both then the price is £5
- Payment is possible by card or cash
- Return visit costs £1 (e.g. picking up telephone or wallet)
The event producer of the Color Obstacle Rush team comes to collect the money every now and then. If the participant has lost the wristband, ask about the wristband number and what the bag should look like and search for it shortly. For example, if you find the right bag, look in and ask the participant what should be in there to ensure that the bag belongs to the right owner.
IF THE LINE GETS LONG:
You can take bags in from the "BAGS OUT" side if there are no participants there to pick up their bags!
Send one of the bag drop staff to inform the line that they can pay with cash or card. If they are paying with cash inform the participants in the line to prepare the cash beforehand. This will save a lot of time for everybody. Remember to mention the prices of the bag drop!
AFTER THE EVENT:
When the bag drop is becoming empty, you can slowly put the wristbands back into the smaller boxes. Make sure they are arranged in the correct order! This makes the next event so much smoother. If bags, jackets or valuables have been left behind, please hand them to your supervisor and ask if there is anything you could still do to help.
The pre-ordered products and the products the participants would like to buy are handed out at the store.
Participants might have pre-ordered some additional products. In this case, pre-ordered products will be enlisted in the order confirmation. If a product is enlisted in the order confirmation, hand it out to the customer. If a product has different colour options, hand out a random colour, unless the colour is specified in the order confirmation. Online-store: https://colorobstaclerush.co.uk/merchandise/
You will have a pre-order checklist at the store. It is shorted by email. Check the participant's order confirmation and check if you can find the email from the pre-order checklist. Give out the products and marked that the participant has received their pre-ordered products to the pre-order checklist.
Please note! if the participant clearly has the pre-order confirmation email but you cannot find it on the list. Give out the pre-order products and write down the email to the pre-order checklist.
Please note: Each participant gets a colour packet at the finish line after the run and before the colour festival. This colour packet is not mentioned in the ticket. At the pick-up point in the store, the participants can receive their colour packets only if they have pre-ordered them or if they buy them on the spot.
BEFORE WE OPEN THE FESTIVAL AREA:
Put some samples on the table, make sure they look appealing. Then, remember to double-check these things:
- Make sure you have the price list on the counter or in the frames in front of the store.
- Keep the products on one or two tables maximum.
- Check the iPad is open, the SumUp-app is open, Card-reader is connected (Bluetooth) and the charger is plugged into both iPad and Card-reader.
- Make sure you have your cash box with enough change in it.
DURING THE EVENT:
- Payment methods: cash and contactless payment.
- Markdown all the products you sell on the tablet, the tablet works like a cash register.
- Open new product packs only if necessary! All boxes must be counted after the event for the inventory!
- The event producer of the Color Obstacle Rush team comes to collect the money every now and then. If you need change, do not hesitate to ask him/her!
AFTER THE EVENT:
A person from the COR team will inform you when you can start counting all the products that remain after-sale, you have to mark them on the specific form.
- Please verify that the numbers you write are correct!
- Afterwards, put the products in their boxes in an organized manner. Do not throw the products in cartons away! On each box indicate the total sum of each product!
Please note: Do not leave the store without surveillance
There are several start groups throughout the day and your role is to monitor the start line. We’ll give you more information on the event day before the event starts.
Ready, steady, go!
Your job is to hand out colour bags to the participants at the finish line. There are multiple boxes of colours in the tent.
Open the boxes and mix them, a colourful colour festival always looks nicer than a cloud of colour in one shade.
Flatten the empty cardboard boxes and hide them behind the finish line tent so they can be taken to the trash.
IMPORTANT: Everyone gets only one colour bag!
If you have time, please tell the participants to save the colour bag for the colour festival and guide them to go near the stage and join the colour festivals. Hand out every colour bag, participants are not allowed to take colour bags themselves.
Remember to hype and congratulate the runners when they finish their run. They did an amazing job and your input is an important part of the experience.
Unfortunately, no one can get an extra colour bag if they haven’t paid for it, all the products are calculated and we don’t have extras. More colour bags can be bought at the Store tent.
AFTER THE TRACK CLOSES.
Calculate how many colour bags are in the boxes and marked to these boxes. Then close the boxes with tape. Tell the number of colour packets left in the boxes to your supervisor. Clean up the area.
You will have various tasks during the day, but mainly you will maintain the general well-being at the event by ensuring the water station has enough cups and water, toilets have enough toilet paper and are clean and the event village looks nice and tidy. During and after the event you will help us to clean the event up.
CHEER ON AND MOTIVATE THE PARTICIPANTS:
We expect that you will cheer and motivate the participants during the day. Anything that makes the participants happy and in a good mood while running is allowed. Here you can use your creativity!
Things don't always go as planned. If your obstacle needs repairs or if a participant is injured, contact your supervisor with the radio.
- RADIO PROTOCOLS
We will hand out a radio for you. Use it only when necessary and not for chit-chatting. If you need any help with the obstacle, it’s super important to say the number of the obstacle you are at in the beginning.
Remember that you are responsible for the radio if you lose it or brake it.
- POSSIBLE TECHNICAL DEFECTS OF THE OBSTACLE
Observe what is happening around you and report possible defects through the radio. We will come to you if your obstacle needs any fixing. Do not fix anything yourself! If your obstacle or part of it is broken, close the obstacle or part with the defect until it is functional again.
- The most common obstacle defects:
- The obstacle has a hole/air leaking out of the obstacle.
- The petrol fan no longer works. / The fuel ran out. / The device emits unnecessary smoke.
- The obstacle moves significantly. The screws that attach the obstacle to the ground are loose.
- A strong wind crushes the obstacle.
- Methods to prevent these defects:
- Control the number of participants who are on the obstacle at the same time. You can get the number and other details from your manager.
- Make sure that the participants always move forward and don't stop on the obstacle.
- Make sure that the participants do not carry any sharp objects that can damage the obstacle.
- POSSIBLE INJURIES:
It happens from time to time that someone gets hurt at the obstacles. If you see someone injured, contact your supervisor on the radio. They will get in touch with the medical service. When you call, tell clearly what happened and your obstacle number.
The most common injuries are:
- Sprains and fractures (ankle, wrist, shoulder)
- Fainting / dizzy spells
- Collision with other participants
If the injured person's condition deteriorates significantly, report back with your radio. If the obstacle is damaged by the accident, report it at the same time you call for help. Once the injured person has been transported away, reopen the obstacle for the participants if you had to close it.
- AFTER THE EVENT:
- Once a member of the Color Obstacle Rush team has notified you that the last competitor has crossed your obstacle, make your way back to the festival site. At the same time, pick up the trash from the running track.
- REMEMBER TO RETURN YOUR RADIO!
- Turn to your superior and ask if you can still help somewhere.
- THE PREPARATIONS:
- Once you arrive at your location, you will see bags of paint. These must be opened with scissors. The scissors should be in place. If not, contact your supervisor.
- There are plastic bottles next to the sacks, which you will use to throw the paint.
- DUTIES DURING THE EVENT
- Any competitor who walks through your location/colour station will be thrown with paint unless the competitor doesn't want it.
- The best technique is to swing the filled plastic bottle in a long arc towards the participant. Keep a distance of about 2 meters.
- Each participant is thrown from the front and not from behind. Don't throw paint directly in the face.
- The plastic bottle has a cork and it must always remain on the bottle when throwing.
- Don't waste the colour. One swing per participant is sufficient.
- When the paint bottles run out, fill the bottles with the paint from the paint bags.
- If the colour runs out of the sacks, inform your supervisor in advance.
- AFTER THE EVENT
- Clean up your location as soon as your supervisor has informed you that the last participant has crossed your location.
- Do not leave your location without permission.
- Gather all the empty sacks, scissors and empty plastic bottles and make your way to the festival area.
Do not forget:
- No smoking at the venue
- Always wear your bandana and sunglasses (these will be given!)
- If a competitor has breathing problems or colour in their eyes, get them outside of the colour cloud and contact the Color Obstacle Rush Team
- IF YOU HAVE A RADIO. REMEMBER TO RETURN THE RADIO AFTER THE EVENT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE RADIO.
- Don't throw paint with your hands. Use the bottle.
- Runners take the cups and fill them by themselves
- To avoid queues, make sure that the runners do not only use the first tap.
- Check that there is water in the containers.
- Collect all rubbish and cups in plastic bags
- Change the black bag when it is full.
- Keep the area clean throughout the day!
Your role is to supervise the 360 photo booth. The price of the photo booth is £10 and it is your job to work as a cashier. You will also instruct customers to on how to use the photo booth.
This is a new role at our events and you will be briefed about your tasks right before the start of the event.
Your role is to supervise the jumping mattress. This is a new role at our events and you will be briefed about your tasks right before the start of the event.